Skip navigation

Hennepin County



Resources for residents


Get up-to-date information


Take part in our democracy


Plans and preparation

Health and medical

Promoting health and wellness

doctor examining infant


From Red Door Services to NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center to the Mental Health Center, care for yourself, body and soul. 

Read more aboutClinics

Human services

Help for people

Search and apply for help

The most valuable benefit is time.

You can save time by connecting with us online or by phone. If you’re not sure where to begin, people are available to help you find the supports you need. Call 612-348-4111.

Online services

Emergency assistance

Find out about rent assistance and other aid.

Health care assistance

Explore options and apply for health insurance benefits through MNSure.

Cash, food and child care

Apply for these resources through

Find more information on cash, food and child care assistance.

Free and low-cost help, including meals, shelter and clothing

Find resources from Hennepin Waypoint.

Housing with services

Find openings with the Hennepin Housing Key.

Reporting suspected child maltreatment

Fill out the form.

Search the full human services directory

Browse the county's full list of human services.


Resources for youth

Assistance is available to help youth to continue their education, and get jobs, heath care and public assistance.
Learn more.

Veterans Services

Support and help for veterans and their families as they try to navigate through county, state and federal benefits systems.
Learn about the services we provide.

Office of Multicultural Services

Help for immigrants and refugees to get health care, public assistance and other services.
Learn how we can help.

Partnering to end homelessness

The county's ten-year plan to end homelessness is being implemented through immediate placement services, homelessness prevention programs and housing development.
Learn more about initiatives for housing and homelessness.

Search the full human services directory

Browse the county's full list of human services.

Housing and shelter

Hennepin County Waypoint

Waypoint is a digital, mobile friendly directory that connects people experiencing homelessness or extreme financial hardship to services they need. Learn more and access Waypoint.

Coordinated entry homeless assistance

The Coordinated Entry System is the county's approach to organizing and providing housing services for people experiencing homelessness..

Shelter information

Shelter is meant to serve as a temporary, safe place to stay while you are figuring out your next step. Learn more about shelter options and other emergency programs.


Child protection services

If a child is in immediate danger, call 911. To report child abuse, call 612-348-3552. Learn more about our services.

Adult protection services

If a vulnerable adult is in immediate danger, call 911. To report abuse, call 844-880-1574. Read more about protecting vulnerable adults.

Civil commitment

This is the process of clinical assessment of a person who is at risk of being committed, based on mental illness, chemical dependency, or developmental disabilities. Learn more about civil commitment.

Treatment for chemical addiction

From assessment to treatment and case management services, help is available. Learn more.

Search the full human services directory

Browse the county's full list of human services.

Open all

The county asks for private information about you to help determine your benefits. Learn about the county's privacy practices and how you can access information the county has about you. Read more.

Survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, or others who fear for their safety can maintain a confidential address through this program from the Minnesota Office of the Secretary of State. Read more.

Open all


Satisfy your curiosity

Licenses, certificates and permits

Make it official


Find resources and services

Public safety and law

Protecting the community


Bike, walk, hike and play

Recycling and hazardous waste

Doing your part for the environment


Connecting people to places

Studies and future projects

Sign up for road, bridge and trail updates

Bloomington, Edina, Eden Prairie and Richfield 

Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park and Minneapolis

Brooklyn Park







      St. Louis Park

      red line bus

      Transit improvements

      Hennepin County is investing in a fully built-out transit system, including light rail and bus rapid transit, to benefit the region and carry us into the future.

      Read more aboutTransit improvements
      target field station at night

      Target Field Station

      Explore Target Field Station's public, environmental and transit features through a virtual tour, and learn about parking options and community partners.

      Read more aboutTarget Field Station
      light rail train

      Regional Railroad Authority

      Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority (HCRRA) was established in 1980 as a separate political entity to plan, design and implement light rail transit in Hennepin County.

      Read more aboutRegional Railroad Authority
      midtown greenway bike trail

      Community Works

      Hennepin County Community Works partners with cities and other agencies to build long-term value through housing, transit, jobs, and placemaking.

      Read more aboutCommunity Works