Minnesota state ID
Sometimes non-drivers are asked to show identification. A Minnesota ID card fulfills that need and can be issued to a person of any age.
- Your new state ID will be mailed to you in four to six weeks after submitting an application.
- Carry your current identification and the stamped yellow receipt you receive when you apply until the new ID arrives.
- If you are under 21 years old, your card will be marked “Under -21” and is valid until your 21st birthday.
- If you are between 21 and 65 years old, your ID expires on your birthday four years after you receive it.
- Cards issued to anyone age 65 or over are valid for life.