Health care assistance
Health care assistance can provide coverage for health care expenses.
Our human service centers are currently closed to the public to protect the community’s health and slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
You can get help via phone while Human Service Centers are closed to the public.
Speak to a human services representative
Other ways to submit documents
The best options for submitting documents and information are via email, fax, or U. S. postal mail. When submitting documents include case number on every page of items submitted.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 612-288-2981
- Mail to Hennepin County Human Services Dept. at P.O. Box 107 Minneapolis, MN 55440
If you do not have access to these options, there are document drop boxes available at any Human Service Center.
Available drop boxes for residents
Northwest Human Service Center (Brooklyn Center): First floor labeled Hennepin County available 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays only
Health Services Building (Downtown): Main floor lobby 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays only
West Human Service Center (Hopkins): Inside the building lobby
South Suburban Human Service Center (Bloomington): Outside building by Hennepin County entrance
South Minneapolis Human Service Center: Outside building near main entrance on Lake Street side of the building
North Minneapolis Human Service Center: Outside building near main entrance
Powderhorn (1201 East Lake Street, Minneapolis): Outside building
Application and re-certification forms
The following forms are available for residents at Health Services Building (Downtown), North West Human Service Center (Brooklyn Center) and West Human Service Center (Hopkins). They will be located on a table near the drop box.
- Health Care Programs Application for Certain Populations (DHS-3876)
- MNsure Application for Health Coverage and Help Paying Costs (DHS-6696)
- Application for Payment of Long-Term Services (DHS-3531)
- Application for Certain Populations (DHS-3876)
- Combined Annual Renewal for Certain Populations (DHS-3727)
- Combined Application (DHS-5223)
- Minnesota Health Care Programs Renewal for People Receiving Long-Term Care Services (DHS-2128)
- Minnesota Health Care Programs Renewal (DHS-3418)
- Household Report (DHS-2120)
- Combined Six-Month Report (DHS-5576)