To renew your cash benefits, go to MNbenefits and click the Apply Now button. Individuals who are renewing their benefits will follow the same application process as those applying for benefits for the first time.
You will receive the Household Update Form (DHS-8107-ENG) in the mail even if you have already submitted your renewal application online. If you choose to complete the paper forms, once you have filled out and signed the form, return it to Hennepin County by uploading it through your InfoKeep account or to MNbenefits. You can also send your documents to our virtual drop box, or fax or mail them.
- Virtual drop box: email@example.com
- Fax: 612-288-2981
- Mail: Hennepin County Human Services Department, P.O. Box 107, Minneapolis, MN 55440
If you don't have access to these options, there are document drop boxes available at any Human Service Center.
Available drop boxes for residents
Northwest Human Service Center (Brooklyn Center)
First floor labeled Hennepin County available 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays only
Health Services Building (Downtown)
Main floor lobby 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays only
West Human Service Center (Hopkins)
Inside the building lobby 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturdays
South Suburban Human Service Center (Bloomington)
Outside building by Hennepin County entrance
South Minneapolis Human Service Center
Outside building near main entrance on Lake Street side of the building
North Minneapolis Human Service Center
Outside building near main entrance
Application and re-certification forms
The following forms are available for residents at Health Services Building (Downtown), Northwest Human Service Center (Brooklyn Center) and West Human Service Center (Hopkins). They will be located on a table near the drop box.
- Health Care Programs Application for Certain Populations (DHS-3876)
- MNsure Application for Health Coverage and Help Paying Costs (DHS-6696)
- Application for Payment of Long-Term Services (DHS-3531)
- Application for Certain Populations (DHS-3876)
- Combined Annual Renewal for Certain Populations (DHS-3727)
- Combined Application (DHS-5223)
- Minnesota Health Care Programs Renewal for People Receiving Long-Term Care Services (DHS-2128)
- Minnesota Health Care Programs Renewal (DHS-3418)
- Household Report (DHS-2120)
- Combined Six-Month Report (DHS-5576)
You can visit http://edocs.mn.gov to download any form.
Speak to a human services representative
You can also get help via phone while Human Service Centers are closed to the public by calling 612-596-1300, Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.