Renewal requirements for SNAP and cash assistance programs have been suspended through May 2021. If you received a re-certification packet, please disregard it, but continue to report changes.
How to renew
Complete, sign and return the Combined Application Form (CAF) or 6-Month Report, which you will receive in the mail. Send required proof of changes, with case number on each page.
- Email email@example.com
- Fax to 612-288-2981
- Mail to Hennepin County Human Services Dept. at P.O. Box 107 Minneapolis, MN 55440
If you do not have access to these options, there are document drop boxes available at any Human Service Center.
Available drop boxes for residents
Northwest Human Service Center (Brooklyn Center): first floor labeled Hennepin County available 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays only
Health Services Building (Downtown): main floor lobby 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays only
West Human Service Center (Hopkins): inside the building lobby
South Suburban Human Service Center (Bloomington): outside building by Hennepin County entrance
South Minneapolis Human Service Center: outside building near main entrance on Lake Street side of the building
North Minneapolis Human Service Center: outside building near main entrance
Powderhorn (1201 East Lake Street, Minneapolis): outside building
Application and re-certification forms
The following forms are available for residents at Health Services Building (Downtown), Northwest Human Service Center (Brooklyn Center) and West Human Service Center (Hopkins). They will be located on a table near the drop box.
- Health Care Programs Application for Certain Populations (DHS-3876)
- MNsure Application for Health Coverage and Help Paying Costs (DHS-6696)
- Application for Payment of Long-Term Services (DHS-3531)
- Application for Certain Populations (DHS-3876)
- Combined Annual Renewal for Certain Populations (DHS-3727)
- Combined Application (DHS-5223)
- Minnesota Health Care Programs Renewal for People Receiving Long-Term Care Services (DHS-2128)
- Minnesota Health Care Programs Renewal (DHS-3418)
- Household Report (DHS-2120)
- Combined Six-Month Report (DHS-5576)
Speak to a human services representative
You can also get help via phone while Human Service Centers are closed to the public by calling 612-596-1300, Monday – Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.