Skip navigation

Connect to economic supports

The most valuable benefit is time.

You can now access or renew economic benefits in minutes, wherever and whenever you need them. You can save time by connecting with us online or by phone.

Apply online

Economic supports

Apply at MNbenefits

This includes food, cash, emergency and child care assistance, and housing support.

Health care

Apply at

This will connect you to health care coverage options in Minnesota.

Upload documents online

InfoKeep is a safe and secure website for uploading documents directly to your case. You can access InfoKeep anytime, anywhere on your smartphone, tablet or computer.

Open all

To renew your SNAP and cash benefits, and child care assistance, visit MNbenefits and select the "Apply Now" button. Individuals who are renewing their benefits will follow the same application process as those applying for benefits for the first time.

You will receive the Household Update Form (DHS-8107-ENG) in the mail even if you have already submitted your renewal application online. If you choose to complete the paper forms, once you have filled out and signed the form, return it to Hennepin County by uploading it through your InfoKeep account or to MNbenefits. You can also return it via email, fax or mail. Refer to the "How to submit documents" drawer for more information.

Be sure to also send required proof of changes with your case number on each page.

When submitting documents, make sure each page is marked with:

  • Your case number
  • Your name and date of birth

Options for submitting documents

The best option for submitting documents and information is online through your InfoKeep account or MNBenefits. You can also send your documents to our virtual drop box, or fax or mail them.

  • Virtual drop box:
  • Fax: 612-288-2981
  • Mail: Hennepin County Human Services Department, P.O. Box 107, Minneapolis, MN 55440

If you don't have access to these options, there are document drop boxes available at any Human Service Center.

Available drop boxes for residents

Northwest Human Service Center, Brooklyn Center | Map

Main floor lobby 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays only

Health Services Building, downtown Minneapolis | Map

Main floor lobby 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays only

West Human Service Center, Hopkins | Map

Inside the building lobby 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturdays

South Suburban Human Service Center, Bloomington | Map

Outside building by Hennepin County entrance

South Minneapolis Human Service Center | Map

Outside building near main entrance on Lake Street side of the building

North Minneapolis Human Service Center | Map

Outside building near main entrance

Application and re-certification forms

The following forms are available for residents at Health Services Building (Downtown) and West Human Service Center (Hopkins). They will be located on a table near the drop box.

  • Health Care Programs Application for Certain Populations (DHS-3876)
  • MNsure Application for Health Coverage and Help Paying Costs (DHS-6696)
  • Application for Payment of Long-Term Services (DHS-3531)
  • Application for Certain Populations (DHS-3876)
  • Combined Annual Renewal for Certain Populations (DHS-3727)
  • Combined Application (DHS-5223)
  • Minnesota Health Care Programs Renewal for People Receiving Long-Term Care Services (DHS-2128)
  • Minnesota Health Care Programs Renewal (DHS-3418)
  • Household Report (DHS-2120)
  • Combined Six-Month Report (DHS-5576)

You can visit to download any form.

Cash assistance

Hennepin County offers programs to supplement families' and individuals' incomes. The type of assistance people receive depends on their life circumstances, family size and type, and other factors. We can help you find the program that works best for you.

Learn about cash assistance.

Food assistance

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps people with low income to buy the food they need for sound nutrition and well-balanced meals.

Learn about food assistance.

Health care assistance

Health care assistance can provide coverage for health care expenses.

Learn about health care assistance.

Emergency assistance

When Hennepin County residents are in a financial crisis that poses a direct threat to their physical health or safety, the county may be able to help by providing short-term aid.

Learn about emergency assistance.

Child care assistance

The child care assistance program helps families pay for child care so parents can work, look for a job or attend school.

Learn more about child care assistance.

Open all