Drop-off facilities open with limited operations
Hennepin County’s Drop-Off Facilities in Brooklyn Park and Bloomington are open with limited operations and new safety procedures due to COVID-19.
What to expect
- Tuesday–Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and Monday
Changes to materials accepted
- No mattresses
- Also no TVs or electronics that weigh more than 50 lbs (that take two people to carry and don't allow for physical distancing)
- Select appliances accepted: microwaves, water coolers, sump pumps, garbage disposals, dehumidifiers. No other appliances accepted.
- The free product centers (where residents pick up usable items dropped off by other residents) are closed.
- Payment: credit or debit card only (Visa, Discover, Mastercard). For safety, we're temporarily not accepting cash or checks.
- Gas cans must be left to be emptied and will not be returned.
- Expect longer-than-normal wait times.
- For alternative disposal options, go to www.hennepin.us/greendisposalguide.
When you visit county buildings
Required face coverings
All visitors to Hennepin County buildings are required to wear face coverings that cover both mouth and nose.
- Face coverings can include a paper or disposable face mask, a cloth face mask, a scarf, a bandanna, a neck gaiter, or a religious face covering.
- A face shield alone is not sufficient. Visitors who wear a face shield are required to wear a face covering underneath it.
If you are sick
Do not enter the building if you are sick or experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Maintain 6 feet or 2 meters of physical distance.