To make your visit efficient, safe and productive, review the following guidelines before you visit our drop-off facilities.
Who can use our facilities
- Households only (excluding organics and some recyclable materials).
- Residents of Hennepin, Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Ramsey, Scott and Washington counties only. Residents from Sherburne and Wright counties are not eligible to use our drop-off facilities.
In general, Hennepin County does not accept waste from businesses, with the exceptions of cardboard, scrap metal, recycling, and organics recycling from small businesses.
Businesses include rental properties, condominium, neighborhood, or townhouse associations; governmental entities; home-based businesses; nonprofit organizations; or any other activity intended to produce income. Hennepin County will not accept waste from commercial activities that was generated or stored in a household. For disposal options, businesses should search Commercial Hazardous Waste Disposal Companies fact sheet (PDF).
Check whether we accept your item
Safely transport household hazardous wastes
- Transport your household hazardous wastes in sealed containers, in an upright position, in a plastic lined box. Make sure all containers are 5-gallons or less in size and properly labeled with the contents.
Remember to bring
- Proof of residency, such as a driver's license or utility bill, is required.
When you get to our facilities
- Residents should remain in their vehicles unless otherwise directed by staff.
- Items should be stored in the trunk of the vehicle, bed of truck, or in a trailer.
Additional disposal options
If your items are still in good shape, look for donation opportunities on the Choose to Reuse website.