Household hazardous waste collection events
Hennepin County organizes collection events throughout the year to give residents more convenient local disposal options for their household hazardous wastes.
- Please note: the county will not be accepting electronics at the collection events; household hazardous waste will be accepted only.
What to know
- Residents should remain in their vehicles unless otherwise directed by staff.
- Items should be stored in the trunk of the vehicle, bed of truck, or in a trailer. Only bring in items that one person can load in a vehicle by themselves. Staff will remove most items from vehicles.
- Staff have adjusted operations to include 6-ft physical distancing and enhanced cleaning/disinfecting. Staff now wear masks, coveralls and gloves.
- Residents are encouraged to safely store their household hazardous waste until they are able to attend a collection event. Safe storage tips can be found by viewing our household hazardous waste page.
Required face coverings
All visitors are required to wear face coverings that cover both mouth and nose.
- Face coverings can include a paper or disposable face mask, a cloth face mask, a scarf, a bandanna, a neck gaiter, or a religious face covering.
- A face shield alone is not sufficient. Visitors who wear a face shield are required to wear a face covering underneath it.