Severe cold warming options
When the temperature or wind-chill become dangerously low, these places are open during specified hours. Everyone is welcome.
Before going to any warming site
- Call ahead of time, if possible, to assure they are open.
- All warming sites offer space to escape the cold, but only some sites offer services like food and case management.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, safety protocols like social distancing will be expected.
Could your organization, church, or building provide warming space?
Contact us at email@example.com to partner with Hennepin County to provide this essential service.
If you are in physical danger of freezing, contact 911.
Catholic Charities – Adult Opportunity Center
House of Charity – Food Centre
- 714 Park Avenue South
- Open weekdays, noon to 4 p.m. when windchill is at 0 degrees or lower
- Public meals from noon to 1 p.m. every weekday no matter the temperature
- Bus routes 5, 14, 19, 94 (Express), C line
- Light rail: Blue Line and Green Line – U.S. Bank Stadium Station (0.2 mile walk)
The Bridge for Youth (ages 10-17 only)
- 1111 – 22nd Street West, Minneapolis 55405
- Open when temperatures drop below -15 degrees
- Warm up, grab a warm coat, mittens and scarf, have a cup of hot cocoa/coffee, and charge your phone
- Overnight accommodations could be provided if appropriate
- Bus routes 2, 6, 12, 17, 114, 115
Youthlink (ages 16-24 only)
- 41 – 12th Street North, Minneapolis 55403
- Open Monday–Friday, 24 hours a day, Saturday – Sunday 6pm – 9am
- Extended overnight drop-in and immediate need support available
- Metro Transit bus routes 4, 6, 9, 12