Government Center building and plaza rules
The Hennepin County Government Center is a public building that accommodates a significant amount of public business.
The building's north plaza and south plaza are used by members of the public every day. These locations are defined as public space and are open for individuals to use, gather or demonstrate.
The county has adopted rules related to use of the Government Center building and plazas to ensure safety and well-being of all visitors and staff.
If you visit the Government Center building
- All visitors to county facilities are required to wear face coverings.
- Children under 5 are exempt from this requirement.
- Visitors who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not enter county buildings.
- We do not require visitors to have received a COVID-19 vaccination to enter a county building.
If you are sick
Do not enter the building if you are sick or experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or feeling feverish
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- New loss of taste or smell
Maintain 6 feet or 2 meters of physical distance, when possible.