Can I have a document notarized for me at the Government Center?
Yes, notary service is available during regular business hours at the Government Center Service Center located on the A-Level.
My lender just sent me a document stating my mortgage has been satisfied (paid off) and told me I should record it, what should I do?
The document should be recorded in our office. Please see the Recording fees section to determine cost. Once the document is recorded, the original will be returned to you.
I owned property with someone as a joint tenant who has died. How do I remove that person from being an owner?
You must record an Affidavit of Survivorship with a certified copy of the decedent's death certificate to have the records updated.
Can I view recorded documents such as deeds, mortgages, and liens online?
RecordEASE, a commercial service, is available for online access. Please visit our web page for more information.
What does "Torrens" mean?
Torrens describes land which has been registered by order of either District Court or the Examiner of Titles.
What is a Certificate of Title?
This certificate is issued when land is registered. It contains the name of the owner, a description of the land and all encumbrances, liens and interests in which the estate of the owner is subject.
How do I get a copy of a Torrens Certificate of Title?
If you are the owner of the property you may obtain a copy for free by calling 612-348-5139. If you are not the owner of the property, a Torrens Certificate is available for a fee. Please see the Document copy fees section of this page to determine cost.
Can I obtain a copy of a DD214 military separation?
If the military release is yours and it was recorded in Hennepin County after your discharge, you may obtain a copy. Federal regulations and data privacy rules require that military separations be available only to the veteran or those with a tangible interest (spouse, family member, etc.).
- Employees can ONLY review a document to make sure it contains the required elements in order to be recordable per Minnesota Statute.
- Use our self-service research center to view public documents.
- A deed for which there was more than $1000 of consideration must be accompanied by a electronic certificate of real estate value.
- If there is a well on the premises, the deed must be accompanied by a well disclosure certificate unless the face of the deed contains a statement to the effect that the number and status of the well(s) have not changed since the last recorded well disclosure certificate.
- Employees of the Registrar of Titles/County Recorder cannot supply legal forms, help a submitter fill out documents, or provide legal advice. Consult your legal adviser.
- Download legal forms, known as uniform conveyancing blanks.