The clinic has moved
The new location is at the South Minneapolis Human Service Center, 2215 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, 55407.
The clinic's scheduler or your therapist will help determine if an in-person visit is needed and possible.
Contact the clinic at 612-596-9438.
Who we serve
The clinic serves adults, children, adolescents and families who live in or receive services from the county.
We’re a DHS Rule 29 safety-net community mental health center.
Read more in the Mental Health Center client handbook (PDF).
Make an appointment or referral
- Monday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Hennepin County Mental Health Center is closed on holidays.
- Fax: 612-329-4500
The Hennepin County Mental Health Center provides ongoing, comprehensive, client-centered treatment that promotes whole-person wellness and recovery, self-efficacy and life enhancement.
Our experienced team of professionals understands that recovery is a personal process and tailors treatment to individual needs. We work with each client to develop a plan of care that builds on strengths, focuses on person-specific goals and invites the participation of the client’s support system and other service providers.
HCMHC is a county-supported facility designed to serve residents of Hennepin County or people for whom Hennepin County has financial responsibility.
As a safety net provider, we primarily serve people who do not have commercial insurance or who may be uninsured or underinsured. In addition, we welcome those who may benefit from our flexible service model. We offer scheduled appointments as well as walk-in visits and strive to be accessible and responsive to our clients’ needs.
HCMHC approaches mental health care using a multidisciplinary approach, offering a range of services, including:
Assessments and evaluations
- Diagnostic assessments
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Psychological evaluations
- Combined (psychological & parenting) evaluations
Therapy and education
- Individual and group therapy
- Wellness and general health education
- Medication management
- Genomic testing
- Nurse line
- On-site pharmacist
- Primary health care to adult clients
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Outreach to people experiencing homelessness
- Creating Access employment program with Rise
- Care coordination and resource assistance
- Collaboration with community partners and service providers