The Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation has implemented several changes due to COVID-19 to our facilities, programs and probation offices to help ensure the health and safety of our clients, residents and staff. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Visiting residents at correctional facilities
Our department has made temporary changes to in-person visits at the Adult Corrections Facility and Juvenile Detention Center, to help ensure the health and safety of our residents and staff. Additional communication options have been made available to residents.
Adult Corrections Facility
Video visiting available at the facility. Residents can make phone calls. Residents can send and receive mail. For questions about communicating with residents, please contact the Adult Corrections Facility at 612-596-0001.
Juvenile Detention Center
In-person visiting available seven days a week with a pre-scheduled appointment. To schedule a visit, please contact the Juvenile Detention Center at 612-348-8122. Residents can also video chat and make phone calls to parents and guardians. Residents can send and receive mail. For questions about communicating with residents, please contact the Juvenile Detention Center at 612-348-8122.
Find COVID-19 data for each facility.
Probation office changes
Our department has temporarily moved several probation services to alternative locations. If you have an in-person meeting with your probation officer, you should contact them before your appointment to confirm the location.
How to contact your probation officer
- All clients should contact their probation officer by phone or email, do not show up in person if you do not have an appointment.
- If you do not have your probation officer's contact information, email POConnect@hennepin.us.
- Adult probation clients who need immediate assistance, call 612-348-2110.
- Juvenile probation clients who need immediate assistance, call 612-348-3700.
Program and service changes
Our department has temporarily altered certain programs and services to help ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff.
Sentencing to Service (STS)
Additional health and safety measures required for clients. Learn more about STS.
Visiting county buildings
These requirements apply to all county buildings, including all probation offices and correction facilities.
- All visitors to county facilities are required to wear face coverings.
- Children under 5 are exempt from this requirement.
- Visitors who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not enter county buildings.
- We do not require visitors to have received a COVID-19 vaccination to enter a county building.