Materials are accepted for free from households only. Businesses must manage their waste properly — see our commercial hazardous waste information.
Please note: The county will not be accepting electronics at the collection events.
Household, lawn and garden products
Adhesives – flammable or petroleum based
Aerosols – pressurized or containing product
- Propane less than 40 lbs.
- Specialty gases less than 59 lbs. will be evaluated
- Some may not be accepted due to management restrictions
- Limit three 5-gallon pails
- No limit on pails 1-gallon or smaller
Paint thinners, solvents and strippers
PCB ballasts – must be removed from fixtures
Pesticides, insecticides and herbicides
Photographic and hobby chemicals
Fluorescent bulbs and HID lamps – limit 25
Auto and fuel wastes
Gasoline – containers will not be returned
Vehicle lead-acid batteries
- Food waste
- Empty paint cans
- Propane greater than 40 lbs
- Gases requiring special management
- All gases greater than 59 lbs.
Medicines or infectious wastes – find medicine disposal drop boxes.
Motor oil and filters*
- Scrap metal
- Cans and bottles
*Accepted at the county's permanent drop-off facilities. Fees may apply on certain items.
Refer to the Green Disposal Guide for additional disposal options.