Bottineau Community Works
Collaborative corridor planning for the METRO Blue Line LRT Extension
To prepare for the planned METRO Blue Line Extension (Bottineau) light rail transit project, Hennepin County is partnering with cities in the northwest metro to identify and pursue community and economic development opportunities.
Through the Bottineau Community Works program, Hennepin County and cities in the Bottineau corridor (Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Golden Valley, Minneapolis, and Robbinsdale) are making policy and infrastructure improvements that benefit our communities.
Together, we are enhancing livability and community and economic vitality near future light rail transit (LRT) stations by:
- Supporting new and existing businesses
- Preserving and expanding housing options
- Improving connections for walking, biking and rolling
- Helping to attract and guide development and investment
- Engaging communities and residents in planning activities
The METRO Blue Line Extension LRT project is being planned, built and run by Metropolitan Council and Metro Transit, with funding from Hennepin County and Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority.