Recreation license or permit
Get ready to enjoy the great outdoors in Minnesota.
Apply online when possible. If you need in-person help, please review the requirements and schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled up to 90 days in advance. If your preferred location is not available, try another.
Walk-in services are not available. Anyone without an appointment will be asked to leave.
Requirements when visiting county buildings
- All visitors to county facilities who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear face coverings.
- Fully vaccinated people do not have to wear face coverings in county buildings, but are welcome to do so.
- Fully vaccinated means that it has been 14 days after the last dose in a person's vaccine series. Children under 5 are exempt from this requirement.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, do not enter county facilities.
- You do not have to be vaccinated to enter a county facility.
- Learn more about requirements when visiting county buildings.