Hennepin County, on behalf of the Hennepin Continuum of Care (CoC), competes annually with other CoCs across the country to secure federal funds to help end homelessness. In 2022, Hennepin was awarded $14,523,473 for all projects, including projects funded through both reallocation and bonus dollars. In preparation for the 2023 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) competition, Hennepin County is seeking new project pre-applications be considered for inclusion in the CoC’s 2023 application to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Continuum of Care (CoC) program.
Seeking new project pre-applications
Hennepin CoC is seeking applications for the following project types and populations:
- Permanent Housing-Supportive Housing (PH-PSH) – Rental Assistance and Support Services site based or scattered site
- Permanent Housing-Supportive Housing (PH-PSH) – Support Services only (PSH) with housing subsidies leveraged from other sources (Section 8 etc.) for a set number of households within a project or inclusive of a housing project as a whole
- Permanent Housing- Rapid Rehousing (PH-RRH)- traditional RRH projects and RRH projects dedicated to serving survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking who are defined as homeless
- Projects dedicated to serving families experiencing homelessness and/or projects dedicated to serving people meeting the HUD definition of chronically homeless will be prioritized in the 2023 new project application review
- Priority will be given to new PH projects that are able to leverage housing (units funded by another rental subsidy – services through CoC funds) and/or healthcare resources provided through an array of healthcare service providers in their pre-applications
Project applicants can apply for multiple project types, but most complete separate applications for each project type.
Hennepin CoC encourages applications from applicants that have never previously received CoC funds, as well as from applicants that are currently receiving or have in the past received CoC funds. Hennepin CoC and HUD provide limited technical assistance to ensure that the process is accessible to all eligible applicants, including those who have not received CoC funds in the past.
New project application overview meeting
Interested projects are invited to attend a Hennepin CoC New Project application overview meeting on May 25th, 2023 from 10:00 -11:00 am. See below Microsoft teams link to join this meeting. The Hennepin CoC team and a HUD local field office representative will be there to both present the CoC project applicant process and answer any questions.
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 237 246 722 393
Download Teams | Join on the web
Or call in (audio only)
+1 612-263-6117,,746497401# United States, Minneapolis
Phone Conference ID: 746 497 401#
Find a local number | Reset PIN
Questions can be sent to Laura DeRosier firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission for pre-applications
Pre-application & budget forms must be submitted to Laura DeRosier - email@example.com and Lindsay Anderson – firstname.lastname@example.org by June 9th, 2023, by close-of-business. Hennepin County reserves the right to announce an extended deadline as needed.