Hennepin Planning Grants
To support Hennepin County cities’ planning efforts
Hennepin County Planning Grants help cities plan for a vibrant future, shape land-use patterns, and guide private investment to best achieve community goals. Hennepin County seeks planning projects that address county priorities, including:
- Compact, efficient land use that promotes walking, biking, and transit use
- Economic growth, increased prosperity and economic inclusion
- Climate change mitigation and climate resilience
- Reducing disparities in housing, transportation and access to destinations
Who can apply
Cities, housing authorities, economic development authorities, port authorities, park districts, and watershed districts in Hennepin County.
Types of projects
- Small area, master, or station area plans
- Area redevelopment and market feasibility studies
- Public realm concept plans
- Bicycle and pedestrian network
- Other analysis or plans
- District energy or storm water management plans
The 2022 application period closed on Tuesday, March 22, at 3 p.m.
Individual awards up to $50,000. A monetary match is expected.
A combined total of $200,000 is available for Business District Initiative and Hennepin Planning Grants in 2022.
Funds must be used within 24 months.
Related links and materials