Elevate Business Construction
Expert insight and consulting services for construction entrepreneurs
Hennepin County’s Elevate BusinessSM Construction brings new construction-focused resources to Elevate Business, including specialized consulting, an intensive workshop series, and cohort-based training for emerging and growing construction businesses based in Hennepin County.
1:1 Construction advising
The Elevate BusinessSM network of construction industry experts is ready to help you take your business to the next level. Construction Advising is open to all contractors that meet business size and scale requirements. Consistent with Hennepin County’s commitment to reducing racial disparities, Elevate Business Construction Advising is designed with an intentional focus on Black, Indigenous and people of color in the construction space.
Eligible construction entrepreneurs can get up to 25 of consulting from each advisor at no cost to them, paid for by Hennepin County. Advisors are ready to offer insight in various topics including:
- Business planning and growth
- Construction project management
- Safety-plan development
- Capability statement development
- Construction law
- Construction-specific accounting
- Davis Law Office
- Enviro-Tech Construction Services
- MaKee Company
- Raven Construction
Intensive workshop series
Elevate BusinessSM has partnered with MaKee Company to offer an intensive workshop series designed to equip construction businesses with the tools and expertise they need to succeed.
- Be more competitive in bids for government and enterprise contracts.
- Increase effectiveness in job costing and estimating.
- Better coordinate jobs from start to finish.
Classes are held in person from January to March of 2023.
Scholarships from Hennepin County cover the full cost of the workshop series for eligible construction businesses (a $1,400 value). Submit your registration form early as space is limited.
Working capital cohort
Hennepin County’s Elevate BusinessSM is working with NextStage, Pimento Relief Services, and other construction experts to help growing construction businesses remove barriers to growth with improved access to funding and financial training. The program is designed to work with owners of established construction companies to identify and fill gaps to successfully access the working capital and bonding required to take on larger projects.
- Receive an initial assessment and a custom-made work plan for their business
- Execute their work plan via personalized one-on-one trainings and group sessions
- Have the opportunity to pre-qualify for and get access to working capital lenders and bonding partners
Express interest in the Working Capital Cohort now, space is limited. Contact Noah Her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for Elevate BusinessSM Construction Advising, the Elevate BusinessSM Construction Intensive full workshop series or the Working Capital Cohort, registrants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be locally owned and operated in Hennepin County
- Have completed at least two projects totaling $25,000 or more
- Earn less than $4 million in annual revenue
- Be established and registered with the Minnesota Secretary of State prior to 2021 and be in good standing
- Register with Elevate BusinessSM
Related links and materials
Need help getting started or have questions?