Business Advisory Council
Supporting businesses through COVID-19
The Hennepin County Business Advisory Council was established on May 5, 2020 by Hennepin County Board Resolution 20-0167 to support Hennepin County efforts to combat the economic disruption, unprecedented levels of unemployment, widespread and persistent economic uncertainty resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Council was composed of 20 members, who were chosen based on their strong commitment and contributions towards Hennepin County's business community. They are entrepreneurs, business owners, elected officials, CEO's and community members who represent the strength and ingenuity of Hennepin County's business community.
|Anne Andrus||Honey and Rye Bakehouse|
|Tomme Beevas||Pimento Jamaican Kitchen|
|Maud Duggan||Union Place|
|Steve Flagg||Quality Bicycle Products|
|Heidi Johnson||ECMC Group|
|Chris Kauffman||Machine Shop, Mayor of Hanover|
|Bill Krause||Dunn Brothers|
|Sergio Manancero||La Dona Cerveceria|
|Mike Noble||Best Western Normandy Inn|
|Heidi Oas||Air Quality Engineering|
|Matt Perry||Southwest Business Association|
|Davis Senseman||Davis Law Office|
|Jennifer Smith||Innovative Office Solutions|
|Bryan Toft||Sunrise Banks|
|Jeff Wosje||Mayor of Plymouth|
|Abigal Wozniak||Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis|
The purpose of the Council was to support the rapid recovery of the Hennepin County business community from the COVID-19 pandemic by identifying opportunities and needs in the business community, providing guidance and input to county staff on potential programs and initiatives, and to act as a liaison between the business community and Hennepin County.
The Business Advisory Council served to inform and advise the Hennepin County Board of Commissioners on strategies to support the business community in recovering from disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The working objectives of the Hennepin County Business Advisory Council included:
- Serve as a liaison between the business community and Hennepin County.
- Contribute real-world expertise and share lived experience as entrepreneurs and business leaders to inform future policy decisions
- Identify needs of the business community to recover from the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on ways local government can support equitable economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advise Hennepin County policymakers on the dynamics of starting and growing a business in the post-COVID-19 era.
- Explore opportunities for public and private sector partnerships to support inclusive economic growth and resilience.