Small Business Relief Fund impacts
Outcomes and data on direct emergency financial relief to businesses impacted by COVID-19
Hennepin County has allocated a total of $28 million in federal funds from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) to provide emergency assistance to small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Support is being provided through:
- Direct financial assistance
- Culturally specific outreach
- Technical assistance
- Business district strategies
SBR Impacts Dashboard
The Small Business Relief Fund Impacts Dashboard shows updated information on applications for direct financial assistance, grant awards, and business demographics.
To date, there have been three application rounds for direct financial assistance through the Small Business Relief Fund:
- Round 1 – Grants up to $10,000 for businesses with 1-20 employees
- Applications accepted April 27 – May 8
- All application, award, and demographic data is finalized and included in the dashboard.
- Round 2 – Grants up to $5,000 for self-employed entrepreneurs and sole-proprietors with 0 employees
- Applications accepted May 19 – June 5
- Some applications are still being processed. Partial data for approved grants are included in the dashboard.
- Round 3 – Grants up to $15,000 for businesses with 1-50 employees
- Applications accepted July 30 – August 12
- Applications are still being processed. No data is currently included in the dashboard.