Drop-off facilities open with limited operations
Hennepin County’s Drop-Off Facilities in Brooklyn Park and Bloomington are open with limited operations and new safety procedures due to COVID-19.
What to expect
- New hours: Tuesday–Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Sunday and Monday
- Changes to materials accepted:
- No mattresses
- Also no TVs or electronics that weigh more than 50 lbs (that take two people to carry and don't allow for physical distancing)
- Select appliances accepted: microwaves, water coolers, sump pumps, garbage disposals, dehumidifiers. No other appliances accepted.
- The free product centers (where residents pick up usable items dropped off by other residents) are closed.
- Payment: credit or debit card only (Visa, Discover, Mastercard). For safety, we're temporarily not accepting cash or checks.
- Gas cans must be left to be emptied and will not be returned.
- Expect longer-than-normal wait times. Consider visiting on Wednesdays and Thursdays. (Tuesdays and Saturdays are the busiest days.)
- For alternative disposal options, go to www.hennepin.us/greendisposalguide.
- Residents should remain in their vehicles unless otherwise directed by staff.
- Face coverings required.* Masks are available if needed.
- Items should be stored in the trunk of the vehicle, bed of truck, or in a trailer. Only bring in items that one person can load in a vehicle by themselves. Staff will remove most items from vehicles.
- Staff have adjusted operations to include 6-ft physical distancing and enhanced cleaning/disinfecting. Staff now wear masks, coveralls and gloves.
* Everyone in all county public spaces is required to wear face coverings that cover both mouth and nose and are secured to the head with ties or ear loops.