Coordinated affordable housing development RFP
Hennepin County offers several grant opportunities and programs to support housing and development projects throughout the county. To maximize county resources and make the application process more efficient for those seeking funding, the county solicits an annual coordinated affordable housing development request for proposals (RFP) every year. The RFP is typically posted during the first week of January. Programs that may be included in the annual RFP are listed below with more information.
2022 Fall Coordinated Affordable Housing Development RFP
In 2022 only, thanks to the availability of Pandemic Recovery funds, Hennepin County will offer a Fall Coordinated Affordable Housing Development RFP. Funds available in the Fall round include: affordable housing development accelerator (Accelerator), affordable housing incentive fund (AHIF), and naturally occurring affordable housing (NOAH). Information regarding AHIF can be found on the Affordable housing incentive fund page, and information regarding NOAH and Accelerator is below.
In 2022, in addition to our longstanding emphasis on deeply affordable and supportive housing, Hennepin County has established a priority for projects in areas impacted by civil unrest and for developers from racial and ethnic minority groups.
Simultaneous with the Fall Coordinated RFP, Hennepin County is making a second round of Supportive Housing Capital funds available this year.
Fall Coordinated RFP timeline
- RFP release: Thursday, September 1
- Live online information session: Wednesday, September 7, 9:30am-11:00am
- Closing date for all questions: Thursday, September 22, at 3pm
- Proposal due date: Thursday, September 29, at 3pm
Prepare to apply
Applications will only be accepted through the Hennepin County Supplier Portal. To apply, you must first register with the Supplier Portal. For more information on how to register, visit the Supplier Portal help page.
Accelerator, round three
Accelerator capital funding will be available to accelerate the production of multifamily affordable housing. This will be the third and final round of affordable housing development accelerator funds offered in 2022. This request for proposals (RFP) will substantively replicate the rounds one and two affordable housing development accelerator RFPs.
Naturally Occurring Affordable Housing (NOAH), round two
NOAH funds will be available to stabilize NOAH properties that are affordable at 60% of the area median income, and either:
- Have no funding sources that require rent or income restrictions, or
- Have no funding sources requiring rent or income restrictions before being acquired by a nonprofit to prevent imminent conversion to market rents, and now is subsidized with funding sources that require rent and income restrictions
Activities eligible for funding via this RFP include:
- Moderate or substantial rehabilitation in NOAH properties
- Non-profit acquisition of NOAH properties at risk of conversion to market rents