How to file
Bring either Notary commission certificate you received or the version you printed out, the fee, and identification to any Hennepin County service center.
If you have an old notary public commission certificate (sample PDF)
If you have a new notary public commission certificate (sample PDF)
Place your notary public commission card face up in the designated area on the form (old commission placement sample PDF or new commission placement sample PDF).
Make a copy of the form with your card on it.
Sign the form (in front of notary) in the designated locations twice:
- Signature matching name on Notary commission certificate
- Customary (normal/usual) signature
Have your signatures on the Notary commission filing form notarized.
Include a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope for the return OR an additional $1.50 handling fee.
Mail your original copy with signatures and check to:
Director of Licensing – Vital Records
Hennepin County Government Center
300 South 6th Street Suite A-025
Minneapolis, MN 55487-0026
- $20 (Additional $1.50 if you don't include a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope)
- Payment options
- You must register and file your commission in your county-of-residence.
- When notarizing, your signature must be consistent with the one on file in Hennepin County.
- Request a commission card or login and print your certificate on the Minnesota Secretary of State Notary Public website.