There are multiple ways to submit applications for certified copies of records. Choose the option that works best for you.
This may be done at any Hennepin County Service Center. For a shorter wait time, make an appointment and be sure to bring:
- Proper ID
- Your completed (except for signatures) application
- Your certified copy can usually be provided to you at the time you apply
- A way to pay
Send your completed, signed and notarized (not required for a marriage certificate) application, along with check or money order to:
Hennepin County Government Center
300 South 6th St, Suite A025
Minneapolis, MN 55487-0026
Mail orders are usually processed within 7-10 business days of receipt. For faster processing:
- Add a $20 fee per record to your payment
- Write "EXPEDITE" on the outside of your mailing envelope
- Include either a self-addressed stamped #10 business envelope or an additional $1.50 handling fee
- Fax completed cover sheet (PDF), and your completed, signed and notarized (not required for a marriage certificate) application to the number on the cover sheet.
- Provide your American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa credit card number.
- Payments on fax orders are processed through VitalChek Network, Inc®, a third party vendor, and incur an additional $7 VitalChek fee per order.
- Fax orders are usually processed within 7-10 business days of receipt. For faster processing, add a $20 fee per record to your payment