Connecting Hennepin - Eliminating the Digital Divide
On July 20, 2021, the Hennepin County Board of Commissioners allocated up to $10 million in federal funding to continue its support of the Connecting Hennepin initiative and established the Office of Broadband and Digital Inclusion to lead this work. Read the full news release.
The mission of the Office of Broadband and Digital Inclusion is to build and promote safe access to technology so that all residents of Hennepin County are empowered to thrive in the digital world.
We envision a county where every resident—regardless of income, background or location—can easily and safely use modern technology to help realize their life goals.
What we do
- Lead broadband adoption strategies by supporting available, affordable connectivity choices.
- Equip residents with digital tools through computer distribution, hotspot lending, and basic computer support.
- Create and promote public-private partnerships to ensure universal access.
- Leverage county-owned public infrastructure for community benefit.
- Foster digital literacy and safe online habits through digital navigation services and training.
- Coordinate with federal, state, and local government partners and community organization.