Our county is in the middle of an HIV epidemic. Positively Hennepin is the county government’s strategy to end our epidemic.
The strategy envisions a Hennepin County where
- All people living with HIV/AIDS have healthy, vibrant lives
- There are NO new HIV infections
- All people have equitable access to HIV prevention and health care services
To achieve our vision of ending our HIV epidemic, Positively Hennepin has three goals:
- Decrease new HIV infections
- Ensure equitable access to HIV prevention and health treatments and
- Engage and facilitate the empowerment of communities that the epidemic hits hardest
Hennepin County government should be able to easily connect its residents with HIV prevention and treatment programs, whenever and wherever those services are needed. Everyone in our community—from private clinics, universities, faith communities, and beyond—plays a part in stopping HIV. For Positively Hennepin to succeed, partnerships between all levels of government and the public and private sectors need to be built.
To achieve the strategy’s three goals and to build community partnerships, Positively Hennepin has twenty-six tactics and ten milestones we will use to measure our progress toward stopping HIV in Hennepin County. We want to achieve these milestones by the end of 2018.