Joint Community Police Partnership
The Joint Community Police Partnership (JCPP) is a collaborative effort between Hennepin County's Safe Communities department and nine cities.
Our mission is to enhance communication and understanding between law enforcement and multicultural residents of these cities. We accomplish this by building trust and understanding between the police and community members — including immigrants, people of color, Indigenous people, and faith communities — which ultimately improves the safety and livability of our communities.
Current partner cities are Bloomington, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Edina, Hopkins, New Hope, Richfield, and Robbinsdale.
What we do
The community liaison of each city tailors programming to their specific community. Each liaison collaborates with Hennepin County, the city’s police department, and residents.
Together with these partners, liaisons:
- Meet with community members to listen, learn, and build relationships.
- Bring community concerns to the police department.
- Plan and support community engagement events.
- Provide training to respond to the needs of the community.
- Educate the community on changes and trends in law enforcement.
Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC)
Individual community volunteers meet monthly with the community liaison and the police department. The groups discuss concerns, topics, and trends. Committee members may also give their input on complex issues.
The cadet program recruits law enforcement officers who reflect the community they serve. Community liaisons help recruit and interview future cadets. Liaisons also train cadets on community engagement.
- Apply to serve as a member on the Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC).
- Coordinate or volunteer for community programs.
- Host a community meeting or Q&A session with police officers.
- Share your experiences and ideas. Meet with the community liaison or a MAC member.
- Connect the program, or liaisons with your neighbors, friends, family, and other people you know.
For more information, contact your community liaison:
Robbinsdale (2 liaisons)