Youth justice council
The youth justice council promotes community safety and produces positive outcomes for youth, their families, and communities.
Our mission is to improve and reform the juvenile justice system by:
- Empowering youth to live productive, self-sufficient, and law-abiding lives.
- Ending the unnecessary use of secure detention.
- Eliminating disparities based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability.
- Providing resources to effective community-based and appropriate services for youth and their families.
Committed internal and external stakeholders and community members volunteer on the following subcommittees:
- Reducing racial disparities
- Underserved youth
- Youth advisory board