It’s 3:00 in the afternoon. Are you looking for a quick pick-me-up? Forget the chips, candy bar, or can of soda. Choosing fruits or veggies along with a small amount of protein is a better choice. Lower in fat and calories, these snacks are more satisfying and have staying power to hold you over until your next meal. Here are some quick and easy options:
- Apple, banana, carrots, or celery with nut butter
- Yogurt with fruit
- Dried fruit with nuts and seeds
- Cottage cheese with vegetable sticks or fruit slices
- Apple or pear with a cheese stick
- Vegetables with hummus
Fruit Kabobs with Yogurt Dip
Makes 8 servings
1 cup watermelon (chunks)
1 cup pineapple (chunks)
1 cup grapes, red seedless
1 cup strawberries (stemmed)
2 kiwi (peeled and cut in quarters)
bamboo skewers (6 inches long)
1 cup yogurt, light strawberry
- Place fruit chunks on bamboo skewers. Place fruit kabobs on platter.
- Place light strawberry yogurt in bowl. Serve kabobs with yogurt on the side.
For nutrition information, please visit Fruit Kabobs with Yogurt Dip at USDA MyPlate.