- Online registration closed on June 13, 2019. Check back for information on the 2020 Hennepin 5K.
County Home School (CHS employees only)
- 10:45 a.m. – check-in at 10:30 a.m. on the field
Government Center (300 South Sixth Street, Minneapolis
- 7 a.m. – check-in from 6:30 to 6:55 a.m. on the skyway level
- Noon (outdoor only) – check-in from 9 to 11:55 a.m. in the EDC (street level, south side)
- 4:45 p.m. (main event) – check in from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the EDC (preferred) or 3:40 to 4:40 p.m. in the north lobby (street level, north side)
North Human Service Center (1001 Plymouth Avenue North, Minneapolis)
- 9 a.m. – check-in from 8 to 9 a.m. in room 115
- 12:30 p.m. – check-in from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in room 115
- 4:30 p.m. – check-in from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in room 115
Northwest Human Service Center (7051 Brooklyn Boulevard, Brooklyn Center)
- Noon – check-in from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. in room 200
- 5 p.m. – check-in from 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. in room 200
Powderhorn Partners (1201 East Lake Street, Minneapolis)
- Noon – check-in at 11:45 a.m. in the conference room off the lobby
- 4:30 p.m. – check-in at 4:15 p.m. in the conference room off the lobby
Public Works Facility (1600 Prairie Drive, Medina)
- 2 p.m. – check-in from 1:30 to 2 p.m. in training room 1014
Sabathani (310 East 38th Street, Suite 120, Minneapolis)
- 5 p.m. – check-in from 4:30 to 5 p.m. in the lunch room
South Minneapolis Human Service Center (2215 East Lake Street, Minneapolis)
- 9 a.m. – check-in from 8:30 to 9 a.m. in community room 122
- 5:15 p.m. – check-in from 4:30 to 5 p.m. in community room 122
South Suburban Human Service Center (9600 Aldrich Avenue, Bloomington)
- Noon – check-in from 11:30 to noon in the lunch room
West Suburban Human Service Center (1011 First Street South, Suite 108, Hopkins)
- 5 p.m. – check-in from 4:30 to 5 p.m. in room 161
Before the event
- Packets can be picked up at your location during the designated check-in time. Check-in details will be emailed to you prior to the event. If you do not plan to participate, please do not pick up your event packet.
- The Hennepin 5K will only be canceled in the event of lightning, and it is up to each site to make the determination. Due to the effort and resources needed to make this event successful, we will not have a secondary date planned.
Distance and routes
- A 5K equals 3.1 miles. Currently, there is not an option for a shorter distance as part of the event.
- Routes are not certified. We use Map My Run, GIS, stridometers and other means to measure the routes.
During the event
- You can use headphones, but please be aware of your surroundings as you may be crossing streets, depending on your location.
- You can run, walk, skip, hop, jump, roll...whatever you need to do to complete the 5K. Note: biking is not allowed.
- The event is not timed, but feel free to time yourself.
- There will be snacks available at the end of each 5K route. To keep this event as environmentally-friendly as possible, bottles of water will only be available in case of emergency. We recommend bringing a reusable water bottle.
- Unless you are an employee at the 701 Building, showers are not available for use.
Participate on personal time
- By registering for the event, you agree to the county’s waiver of liability and indemnity, which states you are voluntarily participating in the activity on your own personal time.
After the event
- Trophies will be awarded to the human service center, satellite and line of business with the highest percent participation. In addition, a best-dresses trophy will be awarded to the most creative event attire.
- Document your participation in your RedBrick Health account to receive 10 wellness points.
Government Center – outdoor course
- The outdoor route will be marked on the ground with arrows. We are unable to mark the route with signs or balloons.
- The planning team is currently looking for volunteers to help on the route. Learn more about volunteering in the drawer below.
- The route will start and end at the Government Center. If you have additional route ideas, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are concerned about traffic, please consider the skyway route.
Government Center – skyway course
- Due to security issues, participants are prohibited from running in the skyway.
- The route is wheelchair and stroller accessible, however, there are two escalators on the route with elevators nearby. The walk leader can direct to you the elevator. Elevators are also marked on the 5K skyway map.
- We are unable to post signage in the skyway to mark the 5k route and are looking for volunteers to lead the skyway walk. Learn more about volunteering in the drawer below.
Questions? Contact the site coordinator:
- County Home School (CHS employees only at this site): Cindy Herbst
- North HSC: Raquel Medina-Perez
- Northwest HSC: Debra Martinez
- Powderhorn: Julia Morgan
- Public Works – Medina: James Kampa
- Sabathani: Neng Vang
- South Minneapolis HSC: Anietie Ekpo-Umoeka
- South Suburban HSC: Kerry Walsh
- West HSC: Jen Anderson
- Be a part of the conversation before, during and after by using #Hennepin5k on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The pound sign, or hash, before a word or phrase allows that word or phrase to be searchable on social media. Using #Hennepin5k will allow you to share photos and encouragement with others, as well as find other people who are posting about the 5k!
- The Hennepin 5K qualifies for 10 wellness points.
- After the event, you must document your participation in your RedBrick account. Once you document your participation, you will see your points reflected on your RedBrick Rewards page. You can earn only 10 points for the Hennepin 5K, one time per year.
- If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online programs available through RedBrick can help you train for the 5K. Start a Journey such as Run Your First 5K or Walk Your Way to Fitness, or use Track to log your training activities.
- Reach out to a wellness champion near you who is interested in walking or running.
- Join a walking group
- Government Center - Join a 30 minute walk every Thursday at Noon. Meet on the skyway level under the giant flag.
- South Minneapolis HSC - Contact Esther Fulks to join the walking club.