Environmental Response Fund
Cleaning up contaminated land for development
Who can apply
Applicants can include developers, municipalities, economic development agencies, housing and redevelopment authorities, government entities, nonprofit organizations, and private for-profit companies.
Types of projects
Qualifying projects include environmental assessment and cleanup of contaminated sites where cost is a barrier. Priority is given to projects that promote economic development or affordable housing. Learn more.
Application and funding timeline
Hennepin County is not having a Spring 2020 grant round. Starting August 2020, we will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2020 round.
Requests for proposals and applications are managed through the Hennepin County Supplier Portal.
- No minimum or maximum awards
- Grant amounts vary depending on project need
- Matching funds not required
To date, Hennepin County has awarded almost 400 grants:
- Totaling about $56 million
- Leveraging over $1.7 billion in private development investments
- Removing environmental contamination at almost 400 sites totaling more than 3,360 acres
Related links and materials