To help cities plan for healthy communities
We bring a multidisciplinary approach to improving places where people live, work, learn, and play. We work with cities and partners to improve accessibility, quality of life, and health outcomes in Hennepin County.
On this page:
The Active Living program provides funding and technical assistance to cities and government agencies to advance healthy communities, active living, and equity.
Who is eligible for assistance?
Applicants can include cities and government agencies within the Hennepin County Public Health jurisdiction (all cities except Bloomington, Edina, Minneapolis, and Richfield).
Types of projects
Funding and technical assistance are available to help with the following activities:
- Conducting assessments and education related to bike and walkability
- Improving biking, walking, or public spaces through demonstration projects or infrastructure changes
- Developing plans or policies to support physical activity and create healthier communities
- Engaging traditionally underrepresented populations in the design of public spaces and support for physical activity
Applications are due April 8.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com
- 2022 application deadline: April 8
- Projects must be completed by October 31, 2022
Individual projects can receive up to $15,000.
- Active Living December 2021:Taking on climate change at the local level: Local climate action planning
- Active Living September 2021: Growing capacity and cultivating connections: What does it take for local government supported food growing projects to thrive?
- Active Living March 2021: Safer to Share the Road
- Active Living Hennepin County Partnership December 2020 meeting
- Business district COVID-19 response toolkit version 2.0 (PDF)
- Parks, Streets, & Neighborhoods COVID-19 response toolkit 2.0 (PDF)
- COVID-19 winter strategies toolkit - UPDATED for 2022 (PDF)
- COVID-19 resources for Active Living partners (PDF)
- Active Living Resource Library
- Active Living brochure (PDF)
- Active Living Partnership Technical Assistance Program (PDF)
- Active Living Program Checklist (PDF)
- Metro Healthy Comprehensive Plans workgroup (PDF)
- Golden Valley Walk/Bike Connections (PDF)
- Ridgedale Town Green – Minnetonka (PDF)
- East to West Oktoberfest – New Hope (PDF)
- TRANSITion to Spring - Robbinsdale (PDF)