Cohort-based executive education for growth-oriented business owners
CEO Now is a new cohort-based opportunity for established, growth-minded business owners and founders with employees to build and strengthen systems to keep growing.
Participants will join a cohort of up to 20 peer business owners and founders for seven months of focused business instruction and peer learning.
Technical know-how for new founders
This action-oriented program will help owners and founders of growing businesses learn the strategic and technical foundations of running their businesses more efficiently through:
- Development of a three-year strategic growth plan tailored to their business
- Hands-on curriculum that combines business expertise and management know-how
- Professional peer group of other founders and owners
- Access to experienced instructors and local business advisors
- Preparing owners to access growth capital and outside investment
Work on your business with your network
Owners will spend up to 100 hours working on their business, not just in it. This includes 40 hours of in-class time exploring topics like business and strategic assessments, finances, marketing and sales processes. Participants will also dedicate 12 hours to working with peer groups, which meet throughout the program to supplement in-class learning with real-world experience. This peer group will define essential discussion and working topics and will become a trusted advisory board over time.
The program is available to eligible Hennepin County entrepreneurs at no cost as part of the county’s ongoing investments in Elevate .
To be eligible, business owners must:
- Be incorporated or operating in Hennepin County
- Employ at least one person other than the owner
- Have two years of operating history
- Report between $250,000 and $2 million in revenue
- Have a demonstrated desire to grow their business
- Be receptive to coaching, mentorship and collaborating with peers
- Prepare to commit up to 10 hours each month through the 7-month program
About the facilitation team
Interise is a nationally recognized nonprofit committed to delivering inclusive programs for established small businesses; and national partnerships that create impact at local, regional, and state-wide levels.
CEO Now builds on Interise’s award-winning ‘MBA’ education, which has been effective in helping businesses lay the groundwork for growth, economic development, and job creation.
Applications are now closed for the next CEO Now cohort. Applications will be open again this January.
Spots are limited and fill quickly for this competitive program, so join the waitlist.
Related links and materials