Preliminary plats should be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic submittal preferred)
Or by mail:
Hennepin County Public Works
Transportation Planning Division
1600 Prairie Drive
Medina, MN 55340-5421
Plat submittal checklist
To be complete, plat submittals to the county should include a transmittal letter and a legible plan set including the following information.
Transmittal letter should include:
- City contact person
- Dates of upcoming city actions such as Planning Commission or City Council meetings
- Date of desired response from the county (if prior to the 30 days allowed by state statute)
A location map of the site relative to area roadways.
A site plan map and plan set with scaled dimensions authenticated by a registered engineer or land surveyor showing:
- Date, title, scale, and north arrow
- All existing and proposed property lines
- Lot dimensions, right-of-ways, & easements
- Existing centerline and paved area of the county roadway (which is not always centered in the right-of-way)
- Proposed development building footprints
- Parking lot layouts, aisle configuration
- Locations of ingress and egress to the proposed platted area including existing and proposed driveway locations
- Locations of other nearby driveways, street intersections and access points on the county roadway in the vicinity of the proposed plat. This would include driveways immediately adjacent to or across from the proposed plat
- The outlet for and means of disposal of surface waters from the proposed platted area
A written description of the current and proposed use of the property including land use type (commercial, industrial, residential, etc.) and specific uses (discount store, convenience center, etc.) if known.
If the plat is for non-residential uses, include an estimate of the amount of daily traffic the development is expected to generate.