Skip navigation

Getting paid

Find substitute W-9s as well as purchase order and invoice information for the county.

Open all

To get paid, vendors must submit a W-9 to the county. The county uses the information on this form to make payments to the vendor and report those payments to the IRS when required.

The county has a substitute form W-9 to track diversity data and support disparity reduction efforts. Click the link below to complete and submit the county's substitute form W-9 electronically.

View the substitute form W-9.

You can arrange to have your payments from Hennepin County directly deposited into your checking or savings account by completing the electronic substitute form W-9 and selecting direct deposit as your payment option. By clicking “submit” in the form, your W-9 is automatically directed to county staff and you will receive a confirmation email.

If you already have direct deposit and need to update your bank account information, please complete the electronic substitute form W-9 again and select “account change” on the direct deposit tab.

Vendor invoices must include the county's purchase order number, and it is strongly recommended that each invoice have a unique invoice number.

Please send a single pdf for each unique invoice. If back up documentation is included, make sure the invoice page is the first page in the pdf, and that subsequent documents are clearly noted or identifiable as supplemental information.

If you have a question about payment on an invoice call accounts payable at 612-348-2976.

Submit by mail

Hennepin County Accounts Payable
PO Box 1388
Minneapolis, MN 55440-1388

Submit by email

Open all