Designer selection committee
The Hennepin County Designer Selection Committee (DSC) has concluded the 2019 DSC process for the selection of architectural/engineering firms for design and construction administration services. The DSC’s recommendations are shown below.
Sumner Library Refurbishment (1004476)
- Recommended Firm: LSE Architects
- First Alternate: Bentz/Thompson/Rietow
- Second Alternate: VJAA
HCGC C-3 Courtroom Remodeling (1006388)
- Recommended Firm: Wold Architects & Engineers
- First Alternate: Kodet Architectural Group
- Second Alternate: Klein McCarthy Architects
The committee and its process was established by the Hennepin County Board in 1979 with subsequent modifications in 1983, 1994, 2002 and 2006. It is an advisory, non-statutory body that assists the county board and the county administrator in the selection of architectural and engineering consultants for major facility construction and remodeling projects. The committee has no approval authority, but does select consultants and recommends them to the county board for approval of contracts that are negotiated by county staff.
The committee solicits architecture and/or engineering consultants via the following methods:
- Minnesota State Register
- Finance and Commerce
- American Institute of Architects Project Announcement Newsletter
- American Society of Landscape Architects (MASLA)
- American Council of Engineering Companies (of MN)
- This website
The project selection history (PDF) lists the projects that have recently gone through the committee process. The recommended firm is listed, along with the two alternate firms.