Skip navigation

Transient merchant license

This license is required for any out-of-state business having a sale in Hennepin County.

COVID-19 response

Mail in your application.

Open all

Application process

Complete the application (PDF) and affidavit of goods (PDF).

Gather the following:

  • An itemized list of sale merchandise
  • The name and address of auctioneer(s)
  • A $1,000 executed bond to Hennepin County
  • Proof of partnership (if applicable)
  • A copy of your Minnesota Department of Revenue sellers permit or your state sales tax number

Submit your application and payment by mail to:

Director of Licensing – Transient merchant
Hennepin County Government Center
300 S 6th St. A-025
Minneapolis, MN 55487-0026

If you cannot mail in your application, email


Additional information

Open all