Skip navigation

Gambling permit

We approve gambling permits for unorganized areas of the county such as Fort Snelling. An organization may conduct lawful gambling if:

  • It has a premise permit and license to conduct lawful gambling.
  • The initial premises permit was received and approved by either the city council or the county board in which the organization’s premises will be located.
  • The permit and license were reviewed, approved and issued by the Minnesota Gambling Control Board.

COVID-19 response

Walk-in services are not available. Anyone without an appointment will be asked to leave.

Customers must wear a face covering that covers both nose and mouth and stay 6 feet apart. Do not enter county buildings if you are sick. Learn about requirements when visiting a county building.

Open all
  1. Determine which license or permit you need from the Minnesota Gambling Control Board.
  2. Email or call us:
  • Email us at with your phone number. We are overwhelmed with email requests. It may take us 2-3 business days to respond. Thank you for your patience.
  • Call 612-348-8240 — We are overwhelmed with phone calls. You may experience long wait times. Thank you for your patience.


There is no fee due to Hennepin County.

Next steps

After the County Board has approved the initial permit, the signed resolution will be returned to you.

Mail the signed resolution, any other required attachments and a check for $150.00 made payable to the State of Minnesota to:

Minnesota Gambling Control Board
1711 West Bounty Road B, Suite 300 South
Roseville, MN 55113

Additional Information

Open all