Building reuse grants
Hennepin County has funding available for projects that reuse and recycle building materials instead of mechanical demolition in the removal, alteration, or renovation of a building.
- Applicants must be a homeowner or developer of a property located within Hennepin County. Publicly owned properties are not eligible for funding.
- Deconstruction of accessory structures (such as garages and sheds) are not eligible for funding.
- Hennepin County does not conduct deconstruction work. Grantee must coordinate deconstruction work with contractors and/or salvage outlets and verify project meets reuse and disposal criteria.
- Grant funding cannot be used for work that has already been completed. Deconstruction, structural move, and used building material purchases and installation work must take place after the agreement to issue grant funds is established.
- All proposed grant projects must meet all applicable laws, including but not limited to all city, and county zoning, building and fire codes.
- It is the responsibility of the grantee to ensure that any contractors or subcontractors involved in the project are in compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Hennepin County reserves the right to accept or reject any applications and/or request additional information as deemed necessary.