Skip navigation

Advisory and watershed district boards

Members of the public and local officials can be appointed to serve on four watershed boards and more than 11 various county advisory boards, task forces and committees.

Appointed members advise county commissioners on issues and programs, help set policy, and deal with a variety of topics of concern to the county.

Open all

Applications open July 1. The deadline to apply is August 12 at 5 p.m.

Nine Mile Creek Watershed Board

The Hennepin County Board is recruiting volunteers for two vacancies on the Nine Mile Creek Watershed District Board. A member may not be a public officer of the county, state or federal government and must be a resident of the district. Portions of Bloomington, Edina, Eden Prairie, Hopkins, Minnetonka and Richfield lie within the district. Members serve three-year terms.

Step 1: Check if you're eligible

Each board position has eligibility requirements that applicants must meet. Review details for open positions listed above.

Step 2: Apply


  • You must create an account to apply for an advisory or watershed district board position.
  • You may need to create a new account even if you had a previous account. This is due to a system upgrade.
  • After applying, you will see a confirmation page.
  • If you don’t see a confirmation page, or otherwise have trouble with the application, email the county board clerk’s office at
  • You can use Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
  • Apply online

Over the phone

If you don’t have access to apply online, call 612-348-3081 to have the Clerk of the County Board assist you in filling out the application.

Step 3: Notifications

The Clerk of the County Board will notify all applicants of next steps via email from CAB Applications or

If you applied online, you can also check your account for application status updates.

Step 4: Interview with the county board

If eligible, you will be invited to provide a pre-recorded interview statement to be played for the Hennepin County Board of Commissioners during a scheduled committee or board meeting.

You will have three minutes to introduce yourself and talk about why you're interested in the position. Learn about general rules of addressing the board.

If you applied for more than one position, you may provide one interview statement.

Request a translator and other reasonable accommodations by contacting the Clerk of the County Board at 612-348-3081 or


When your position term ends, you may apply for reappointment. Follow the same application process as if you're a new applicant.

Open all