Step 1: Check if you're eligible
Each board position has eligibility requirements that applicants must meet. Review details for open positions listed above.
Step 2: Apply
- You must create an account to apply for a Citizen Advisory Board position.
- You may need to create a new account even if you had a previous account. This is due to a system upgrade.
- After applying, you will see a confirmation page.
- If you don’t see a confirmation page, or otherwise have trouble with the application, email the county board clerk’s office at email@example.com.
- You can use Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- Apply online
Over the phone
If you don’t have access to apply online, call 612-348-3081 to have the Clerk of the County Board assist you in filling out the application.
Step 3: Notifications
The Clerk of the County Board will notify all applicants of next steps via email from CAB Applications or SharePoint.Do.Not.Reply@co.hennepin.mn.us.
If you applied online, you can also check your account for application status updates.
Step 4: Interview with the county board
If eligible, you will be invited to provide a pre-recorded interview statement to be played for the Hennepin County Board of Commissioners during a scheduled committee or board meeting.
You will have three minutes to introduce yourself and talk about why you're interested in the position. Learn about general rules of addressing the board.
If you applied for more than one position, you may provide one interview statement.
Request a translator and other reasonable accommodations by contacting the Clerk of the County Board at 612-348-3081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When your position term ends, you may apply for reappointment. Follow the same application process as if you're a new applicant.