Fusees or road flares

Recommended disposal options

Hennepin County drop-off facilities

See restrictions and instructions below:

Drop-off facilities accept:

Fusees, sometimes called road flares. Do not put fusees in the garbage.


No charge

Drop-off facilities do not accept:

Marine flares or railway torpedoes

Marine flares or railway torpedoes: get assistance

Marine flares or railway torpedoes are considered explosives. Call the non-emergency phone line of your local police department for disposal information.

Household hazardous waste

For information about storing and transporting fusees, see guidelines for household hazardous waste.

Learn more