Thank you for your feedback!
We thank everyone who participated in the survey on how to make the bridges and intersection below work better for your community.
Below are some key findings based on 387 survey responses and feedback.
Through the survey, we found more than 51 percent of respondents walk, roll and/or bike to travel through the intersection.
When asking about concerns of the current bridges and intersection, more than 78 percent mentioned one of these three concerns. Shown in this graphic, top concerns were:
- Intersection safety
- Pedestrian and bicycle safety
- Bridge and intersection connections
You can see the full summary of the survey results below.
West Broadway Avenue Bridges community survey results (PDF)
Preliminary design available
Using your feedback, we created preliminary designs with community-focused improvements for the new bridges and intersection.
Some of the improvements include:
- Shortened trail crossings providing safer intersection crosswalks for people walking, biking and rolling.
- Redesigned ramp connections allowing for improved sight distance and safer merging.
- Improved trail connections providing additional access for people walking, biking and rolling to regional trails nearby.
Details of proposed improvements can be found on the link below:
Community focused improvements (PDF)
View of the preliminary intersection design from Oakdale Avenue - rendering (PDF)
View of the preliminary intersection and bridge design from Theodore Wirth Parkway - rendering (PDF)
Join us in the community this summer
See preliminary designs and meet project staff
We have been active in the local community since early June, participating in events like the Jordan Week of Kindness and Live on the Drive. We met area residents like you to share proposed improvements and answered questions.
You will continue to see us out in the community and at events throughout the summer.
We look forward to seeing you at one of these upcoming events.
Live on the Drive concert series
- Victory Memorial Parkway - 34th and Xerxes avenues, Minneapolis
- 6 to 8 p.m., Thursday, July 11 and Thursday, August 8
Look for us at more summer events
There will be additional opportunities, including a project open house, to meet with project staff and learn more about the project. Event updates will be posted on this page.