Severe cold warming options
When the temperature or wind-chill become dangerously low, these places are open during specified hours. Everyone is welcome.
If you are in physical danger of freezing, contact 911.
Oasis for Youth (ages 16-24 only)
Brooklyn United Methodist Church
Mt. Olive Lutheran Church
- 3045 Chicago Avenue
- Open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at 10° or colder. Enter through the door on Chicago Avenue under the awning.
- Metro Transit bus routes 5, 21, 53, 39.
Salvation Army – Harbor Light Center
- 1010 Currie Avenue
- Open seven days a week, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Open at 32° or colder
- Bus routes 9, 20
Catholic Charities – Adult Opportunity Center
Peace House Community
The Bridge for Youth (ages 10-17 only)
- 1111 – 22nd Street West, Minneapolis 55405
- Open when temperatures drop below -15 degrees
- Warm up, grab a warm coat, mittens and scarf, have a cup of hot cocoa/coffee, and charge your phone
- Overnight accommodations could be provided if appropriate
- Bus routes 2, 6, 12, 17, 114, 115
House of Charity – Food Centre
- 714 Park Avenue South
- Open weekdays, noon to 4 p.m. when windchill is at 0 degrees or lower
- Public meals from noon to 1 p.m. every weekday no matter the temperature
- Bus routes 5, 14, 19, 94 (Express), C line
- Light rail: Blue Line and Green Line – U.S. Bank Stadium Station (0.2 mile walk)
Hennepin County Government Center
- 300 – 6th Street South (public areas on levels A, 1 and skyway)
- Open Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday noon–6 p.m.
- Green and blue light rail lines and Metro Transit bus routes 3, 7, 5, 14, 19, 22, 535, 724
Hennepin County Libraries