Hennepin Green Notes is a monthly e-newsletter highlighting environmental programs, news and events from Hennepin County.
Sign up to receive Green Notes.
In this edition
- Options for managing ash trees from the threat of emerald ash borer: New website and educational resources available
- On the path to zero waste landfilled: updated recycling progress report available, progress on revising the county’s recycling ordinance to require organics recycling
- Zero Waste Challenge participants learn a lower-waste lifestyle
- Free compost helps schools close the loop on organics recycling
- Hopkins High School wins metro and state Envirothon to advance to nationals
- Solid Waste Management Master Plan and Zero Waste Challenge receive national awards
- In the News
- Wayzata Sailing Center receives grant to engage youth in investigating aquatic invasive species
- Interest in zero waste lifestyle grows in Minnesota
- Natural resources grant helps fund unique permeable paver alley project
- Southwest High School green team members advocate for climate action and work to make their lunchroom zero waste
- Green Tip: Identifying ash trees and planning for emerald ash borer