Hennepin County is reopening in phases to lessen transmission of COVID-19 within county facilities for resident and employee safety.
Cash and food
We are processing applications and responding to phone calls.
Other ways to submit documents: fax 612-288-2981. Or, to send childcare assistance documents, fax 612-288-2982.
In some cases, paperwork can wait until after the crisis. Some sites have drop boxes for urgent use:
- Health Services Building, 525 Portland Avenue, Minneapolis, 55415
- Northwest Family Service Center, 7051 Brooklyn Boulevard, Brooklyn Center, 55429
- Wells Fargo Building, 1011 – 1st Street South, Hopkins, 55343
Renew cash assistance/SNAP
Renewal requirements for SNAP and cash assistance programs will resume in August for September renewal.
Complete, sign, and return the Combined Application Form (CAF) or 6-month Report, which you will receive in the mail. Send required proof of changes, with case number on each page.
Speak to a human services representative
You can get help via phone while Human Service Centers are closed to the public.
Call 612-596-1300, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Elections and voting
- Inmates are receiving a limited number of free phone calls each week so they may stay in touch with loved ones by phone.
- Visiting hours are temporarily suspended in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Visit Hennepin County Jail
Locations and hours: Find a library near you
Grab and Go service: Select locations are welcoming patrons into library buildings for short visits through a new Grab and Go service. Keep in mind, a visit to the library will look and feel different while the need for physical distancing continues.
Computer use by appointment: Many libraries can also accommodate computer use by appointment.
Licenses, permits and vital records
- Some license and permit applications, and most vital records requests, are available by mail, fax or drop-off.
- Drop-off is only to deliver your application or request.
- No on-site processing is available at this time.
- Find full service center information
Property tax payments
Tax payments are being processed. Pay property taxes online or through U.S. mail.
Recorder and registrar of titles
Recycling and hazardous waste disposal
Work continues with business hazardous waste licensing and renewal.
County business recycling staff are available remotely for businesses and organizations to improve their recycling programs. Find full information on remote technical assistance, including funding and training assistance.
Residents financially harmed by COVID-19 may be eligible for emergency rental assistance.
Evictions and mediation