Mill and overlay work
Beginning on August 9, crews will repave Minnetonka Boulevard (County Road 5) between Hillsboro Avenue South and Vernon Avenue South/West Lake Street.
This work will be done in stages. First, the existing road will be grinded away (milled). Then, new road will be paved (overlaid). To complete the work, new striping and pavement markings for people biking and driving will be added to the corridor.
Weather permitting, repaving work is expected to be completed in roughly one week.
Bike lane project
Starting summer 2018, Hennepin County crews will be making improvements along Minnetonka Boulevard, roughly between highways 100 and 169.
Improvements will include:
- replacing catch basin grates with bike friendly grates
- restriping to include bike lane signage
- reconfiguring the Dakota Avenue and Minnetonka Boulevard intersection
- repaving Minnetonka Boulevard between Edgewood and Vernon avenues
Features of projects
When complete these improvements will:
- enhance existing on-street facilities between highways 100 and 169
- fill important links for Hennepin County and St. Louis Park bike routes
- provide an alternate east-west route during the anticipated Southwest Light Rail Transit construction along Cedar Lake Trail
Weather permitting, this work is expected to be complete by late summer/early fall 2018.