We recognize your performance with competitive pay. We also offer opportunities for pay increases, promotions and exploring other work areas.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Health and wellness programs
- Three weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Retirement plan with employer contribution
- Benefits summary
A supportive culture
Hennepin County’s core values are diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, continuous improvement, workforce development, and customer service.
We live these values by supporting our employees in various ways:
- New employee academy to support you in your first year here
- Employee resource groups and collaborative communities
- Mentoring program
- Coaching to identify and make the most of your strengths
- Employee career center with tools, resources and training on how to advance in your career
- Volunteer opportunities
Work that matters
When you work for local government, you improve the lives of family, friends and neighbors. County employees work every day to improve residents’ health, safety and quality of life.
Hennepin County is the largest county in Minnesota, serving over 1.2 million residents in 45 cities. Minneapolis is the county seat.
What drives our work is our mission, vision, goals and core values.
A snapshot of what we do
- Operate 41 libraries: 64% of residents have a library card
- Maintain almost 600 miles of county roads and almost 150 bridges
- Manage over 250 outdoor warning sirens
- Help over 14,000 adults and children with disabilities live as independently as possible
- Respond to over 18,000 mental health crisis calls each year
- Provide medical, dental and mental health services to over 25,000 people each year at NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center
- Keep over 80% of the county’s waste out of landfills to be reused, recycled, composted, or burned to create energy
- Over 9,000 employees
- Over 250 paid internships every year
- About one fifth of Minnesota’s population lives in Hennepin County
- One third of Minnesota’s population works in Hennepin County
- Over 125 work sites