Employee work accommodations
Employees with a disability may get accommodations so they can do their job effectively. A disability is a medical or psychological condition that seriously limits your activities. For an accommodation not related to a disability, talk to your supervisor.
Work accommodations could include:
- Making your work space easier to access and use
- Changing your job duties
- Changing your work schedule
- Getting or changing equipment
- Moving you to another position
- Providing you readers or interpreters
- Allowing time off for medical treatment
Work accommodations can be temporary or permanent.