Health insurance is offered to eligible employees and dependents. It provides medical and pharmacy benefits, plus preventive dental for children to age 19. Your out-of-pocket costs for care and treatment depend on your plan and if health insurance incentive activities were completed.
Hennepin County offers multiple plans. For details, see the PreferredOne website.
Health plan option: Advantage
Benefits are provided through a narrow network of physicians, clinics and hospitals.
When you enroll in Advantage, you receive all your care from one of the following networks:
- Fairview / North Memorial / HealthEast OR
- HealthPartners / Park Nicollet OR
- Hennepin County Medical Center / NorthPoint
Contact providers to schedule appointments, discuss care coordination and obtain other information.
Advantage — Fairview / North Memorial / HealthEast
- 612-672-2952 or 855-821-4832
Advantage — HealthPartners / Park Nicollet
- 952-967-7108 or 800-861-1868
- 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Advantage — Hennepin County Medical Center / NorthPoint
- 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday - Friday
- 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
Health plan option: Standard
Benefits are provided through an open access, tiered network of physicians, clinics and hospitals. What tier your provider is in determines your out of pocket costs. Remember to check your provider’s tier by going to www.preferredone.com/hc.
Tiering changes for 2019
|Apple Valley Medical Center
|Ridgeview Hospital and Clinics
Contact provider to schedule appointments, discuss care coordination and obtain other information.
Due to increased medical claims costs on our plan, as well as the overall increased cost of healthcare, health premiums will be changing for 2019. For details, see the comparison charts listed above.
A deductible is the amount of money you must pay for your medical expenses before your insurance pays. There is a deductible for all plans, except the HCMC/NorthPoint network plan.
The deductible does not apply to the following services:
- Preventive care
- Be Well Clinic visits
- Online care for more than 60 conditions without going to the doctor’s office
- Allergy injections
- Office visits for mental health/substance abuse in or out of network
- The deductible applies to prescription drugs.
- CVS pharmacies, including those in Target stores, are not in the Navitus network, and you will be responsible for the full cost of prescriptions if you use these pharmacies.
- Pharmacy formulary and benefits are the same on Standard and Advantage plans.
For more information, including to search for a participating pharmacy or view pharmacy benefit information:
- Log in to Navitus pharmacy directory using your PreferredOne member ID and password
- 1-866-333-2757 – Navitus customer care available 24/7
- Choose Advantage HCMC / NorthPoint to get the lowest cost plan.
- Reduce your copay by participating in the health insurance incentive program.
- Visit the Be Well Clinic where no office visit copay or deductible is required. Prescription drug copays do apply.
- Use online care for 60 of the most common conditions. There are no copays or deductibles.
- Virtuwell (Advantage - HealthPartners / Park Nicollet, Standard)
- OnCare (Advantage - Fairview / North Memorial / HealthEast, Standard)
- E-visits (Advantage - HCMC / NorthPoint, Standard)
- MDLive (all plans)
- Order prescriptions online and have medications mailed to you through NoviXus.
- Get a discount on your Health club membership.