Employee assistance program
Contact Sand Creek EAP to be referred to a counselor - anytime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 651-430-3383 or 1-888-243-5744. This can be for a variety of issues – relationship or family issues, work concerns, concerns about addiction or for mental health concerns.
- Available to all Hennepin County employees and household members.
- Cost is free for the first four sessions. If you would like to see an EAP provider past 4 visits, check with your health insurance provider.
- All services are confidential.
- EAP mental health counselors cannot prescribe medications.
- For convenience, individuals can arrange to meet with an EAP counselor in the HealthWorks offices in the Government Center.
Primary care physician
Talk to your primary care physician. Your primary care physician can prescribe medications if necessary and might be able to refer you to an appropriate mental health provider.
Another option is to visit a physician’s assistant at the Be Well Clinic. For adults with Hennepin County health insurance there is no co-pay to visit the Be Well Clinic. Call 612-873-7373 to make an appointment.
Mental health provider through health insurance
Hennepin County offers generous mental health care coverage.
- Available to individuals with Hennepin County health insurance.
- Cost: there is no co-pay, deductible or visit limit to see an in-network or out-of-network mental health provider.
Contact your Hennepin County health insurance plan’s concierge line or customer service line for information about mental health providers in your network. They can help you identify the type of provider needed, providers in requested locations and providers who are accepting patients.
Call the Customer Service department at 763-847-4477 and ask to be transferred to the BHP (Behavioral Healthcare Providers). Hours are 8 am – 4:30 pm; however, the phone is answered 24 hours a day.
Advantage – Fairview/North Memorial/HealthEast
Call the concierge at 612-672-2952 and ask to be transferred to the BHP (Behavioral Healthcare Providers).
Advantage- HealthPartners/Park Nicollet
Call the concierge at 952-967-7108 ask to be transferred to the behavioral health line.
Advantage – HCMC/NorthPoint
Call the concierge at 612-873-5700 for assistance. For additional assistance, contact Jennie Doyle at 612-873-2854.
Log into your online PreferredOne account to find providers in your network. You will have to contact the provider to find out if they are currently accepting patients.